Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Such an inspiration

Sometimes, when I feel like I'm drowning, I'll flail about trying to grasp any little bit of sanity and encouragement I can find.  Sometimes I find it, sometimes I don't.  Sometimes I'm lucky enough to find it right here, inside of me.  Other times I am lifted up by people around me who, not even knowing how I'm feeling inside, say or do something that makes me feel good, and sometimes that's all it takes.

We place such importance on stuff outside of our reach and it's silly, really, because our greatest happiness cannot be found on the outside.  It's in those tiny little moments, the ones that make our hearts smile, that the real gold can be found.  Yet we insist on searching high and low for that one thing that will make us truly happy.  We forget that if we're not paying attention to those moments, if we don't remember them and cherish them, we can never truly be happy - because those moments are all we have.  I'm not advocating living in the past; I'm saying we need to learn to appreciate them as they're happening, and know that they are what happiness is really all about. 

I've said it here before, and I'll no doubt say it many more times before I'm through, Terri St. Cloud really inspires me; she really seems to have this all figured out.  When you read her blog - honour yourself - you'll understand why.  I just read her post from yesterday called "Bucket Lists..." and that's when it all hit me - it's the moments and only the moments that count; the rest is just noise.  So lets cherish those moments...

Happiness is not a destination; happiness is the journey.
.

2 comments:

  1. wow, brigitte......you so totally honor me. thank you. sending you one big ol' hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Loving Kindness Brig.... Would that be accurate?

    ReplyDelete