Thursday, January 19, 2012

Getting the dreaded call

It came yesterday... the call you hope you will never get but know, deep down, that it is probably inevitable.

It was a call that really rocked my world, and not in a good way.

Although I'd imagined it hundreds of times, in the hopes that if it did happen I'd be prepared, it truly rattled my cage.  Some things you just can't prepare for.

And so today after all the excitement has died down, I can say that I learned some things from the experience...

I learned that I do have a very loving, united family that will rally together in times of need, and for that I am truly grateful.

I learned that I work with some pretty wonderful people who will support me when things all of a sudden go terribly wrong.

I also learned things about myself, some good and some not-so-good...

I learned where some of my character traits come from, and I learned that, as a family, we share some pretty strong character traits.  It's very uniting to feel connected in this way.

I learned that when the rug gets pulled out from under me I don't always react rationally; and that's when I truly need those around me to take control.

The best thing I learned, however, is how good it feels to be able to give thanks and feel from the depths of my soul what it's like to grateful.



No comments:

Post a Comment