Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Just what I needed

Sometimes I turn in on myself, hide from the world, and almost convince myself that I don't need anyone or anything, that I'm better off by myself... and that's when life shows me just how wrong I can be.

I need the people that I love, and that love me, to be close to me.  I don't know why I forget this sometimes. 

Tonight I was reminded just how true that is.  I was shown how feeling loved can actually heal my heart and make me feel whole again.

Tonight my heart overflows with gratitude: for someone's undivided attention, for someone's care and concern, for someone's love and compassion, for the knowledge that I am not alone in how I feel, for the relationships that heal my heart, for the beautiful people that surround me and for the connections that we share.

Tonight I got just what I needed, and I feel truly blessed and oh so grateful.


No comments:

Post a Comment