Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Oh-so-welcome Spring

It's been a long, difficult winter.

Well, maybe not weather-wise - I think we've just had one of the mildest winters on record - but for me personally.  Had it not been for my wonderful family and the love & care of dear friends, I'm sure things would have been a lot worse. 

Today is the first day of Spring, and as I put on my runners and headed out the door for my first walk of this new season, I could feel that change was in the air.  I've been saying it for what seems like forever, but now it's true, really, really true... it's time for me (yikes!) 

It's been said that I have a big heart (by Terri, mostly) and that big ol heart of mine finds it really difficult to turn away from people I care about, even for a moment, to concentrate on myself.  However, now I think it might just be inevitable.  I know I've said this before, but now it really feels like I'm running on empty, and that can't be good for those around me.  So maybe it is time to make me my priority. 

So as the warm air of the day dissipated, and the evening ushered in cooler, fresher air, I made up my mind that, at least for the next little while, I am going to be the most important person in my life.  I will start by living whole-heartedly, doing whatever my heart tells me to (that's usually what works best for me) and I will embrace all the goodness that comes my way (without questioning it!)  I will be more aware of the beauty in the sunrise and sunset, listen to the sweetness of the birds as they call to one another, and not take any love that comes my way for granted.  I will look for the goodness in each and every person I meet and be grateful for everyone that crosses my path, for everyone has something to teach me. 

So, I'm off!  Wish me luck!!  And if you don't see me for a while, know that it's for a good reason :D


1 comment:

  1. Happy Equinox, my dear! Hope you enjoyed your walk today; I know I did mine. Good luck with putting yourself first -- sounds like a great idea!

    ReplyDelete