Friday, June 17, 2011

When time stands still

It happens when you least expect it. It's not something you can go looking for, it's not something you can even make happen, but when it happens, it can totally knock you off your feet.

Last night I attended an end-of-year party for a group I used to belong to years and years ago.  It was a chance to see some dear old friends again and find out how they've been doing.  They were such a big and important part of my life at one time, it's incredible that so many years have passed since I last had a chance to catch up with them.  When I walked in and was immediately surrounded by them all (no one knew I was coming) it was then that time stood still for me.  Just like that I was transported back to when I was sixteen, just a kid, and had all these wonderful people around me, loving me.  They kept telling me how I hadn't changed when, in fact, it was them that hadn't changed!  I remembered all the good times we had shared, the memories flooding back and choking me up.  It was pure magic.

I think I have always been surrounded by wonderful people, but only now am I realizing what a gift that really is.  I am so totally grateful for each and every one of them - whether they're near or far, whether I see them seldom or often - they all mean the world to me.

Don't you love it when time stands still?  I do!  It makes me realize what a gift this life really is...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment