Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Beautiful... inside and out

When I was a little girl I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the whole wide world.

I would tell her this and she would often reply, "beauty is only skin deep," as if to say don't be fooled by appearances.  But this confused me because her beauty was so evident that even as a child I knew her to be beautiful, inside and out.

Today people still comment on her beauty, and still she doesn't see it.  Oh sure, if she looks to the past she sees it; but not now, not in the present. 

Sometimes I think about everything she's been through and how the bravery that she doesn't recognize in herself shines through for everyone to see.

It's like that with her beauty, I guess; it's obvious to everyone but her:

her smile is so radiant it lights up a room;

her laugh makes you happy, 
even when happy is the furthest thing from your mind;

and her heart is so open to those she loves
that you can't help but feel loved in her presence.

However, I think it's more - much more than all this - that makes her truly beautiful.  Although clearly visible on the outside, her real beauty comes from somewhere deep inside; where she hides it from herself but cannot hide it from others.  My wish on this very special day is for her to finally realize what those of us who love her have known all along...

When I was a little girl I thought she was the most beautiful woman in the whole wide world.  Today I know she is... because she is beautiful inside and out.


Happy birthday my beautiful friend... love you always and forever ♥♥




No comments:

Post a Comment