Thursday, December 1, 2011

That little girl inside

She's there, I know she is, because she comes out every once in a while and makes her presence known.

It wasn't until recently that I became conscious of her.  She would peek out every now and then but I never really payed much attention before.  It started out as a feeling, a longing, that happened at particular times and would leave me feeling melancholic mostly.  Other times I would feel almost giddy with happiness.  These feelings would come on suddenly and quite powerfully, but I never really stopped to question what they were or where they were coming from.

The more I pay attention and the more familiar I become with her, the more I realize that it is in certain circumstances and with one person in particular that she shows herself the most.  And now that I think about it, this person that brings her out in me - my second Mom - always has.  She has always allowed me to be me and only now, when I can let that little girl inside roam free, do I realize what a gift that is.

I would venture to guess that most people do not dare give their inner child free rein; but it is such a liberating feeling that I would recommend it to anyone.  It's not that I do it much, or often, but when I do it's magical, and I am so very grateful to my second Mom for giving me this very special gift.

I love you, Mom2... and so does your little girl ❥❥❥


No comments:

Post a Comment