Saturday, October 27, 2012

Believe

How often do we stop to think about all the little (and big) things in our lives that happen for no apparent reason?  Those things we just can't explain that we put down to "coincidence"...

Well, I don't believe in coincidences.  I believe that in one way or another we bring on everything that goes on in our lives.  Now I'm not saying that when something bad happens we're the ones that made it happen.  What I mean is that we have far more control over what happens to us, and the direction our life takes, than we give ourselves credit for. 

A lot of it has to do with our thinking.  Ever heard of the power of positive thinking?  Or the expression thoughts become things?  Although these are commonly bandied about, how often do we actually stop to think about what they might actually mean?  Probably not often enough.

What if we had the power to make our every dream come true?  What if we had the power to heal ourselves?  What if we had the power to be all that we wanted to be?  Then what?  What would we do with that?  Would we do anything or just turn the other way and pretend we didn't know?

I think we are powerful beyond measure... and that can sometimes be a frightening thought.  And maybe because it is so frightening we choose not to look too closely at it or think too deeply about it.  However I know that if we did, if we allowed ourselves to believe in our own power, a lot would change.  I've seen it, I've felt it, and now I try to live it... every day.  Some days, of course, it's easier to believe in my own power than others; but ultimately, even on the difficult days, it's worth the effort. 

So what if, just for today, you thought about one thing you would like to see happen, and believed that it could actually happen?  Try it... see what happens... you may become a believer... just like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment