Monday, May 7, 2012

Connections of the heart

Something that I found on my Facebook newsfeed today really spoke to me.

It said:

"You can talk with someone for years, everyday, and still, it won't mean as much as what you can have when you sit in front of someone, not saying a word, yet you feel that person with your heart, you feel like you have known the person for forever.... connections are made with the heart, not the tongue."

I sat and talked with someone very dear to me over the weekend, and in the moments where no words were shared, I could feel her with my heart.  It seems funny to me to read this today because I've always known it to be true.  Yes we've known each other forever, and yes we are very close, but I never feel closer to her than when we're sitting side by side just letting the love we have flow between us.  It is truly magical and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I feel so grateful to have this with her; I hope she knows how very much it means to me.  

These connections of the heart are what give my life meaning and I am so blessed to have them.


No comments:

Post a Comment