I'm not saying I'm happier than anyone else, but I work at creating happiness in my life. I look at my actions, my thoughts, my behaviours and try to identify where they're coming from and why.
Happiness can be found in the smallest of things:
- Savouring the breakfast you just spent half an hour preparing - how often do we spend so much time cooking and so little time enjoying the fruits of our labour?
- How beautiful music transports us - how often do we catch ourselves feeling really good when we hear a certain song or type of music?
- Seeing the beauty of the person sitting in front of us - how often are we caught off guard by the beauty we see in the person sitting in front of us? And sometimes it isn't even physical beauty we are seeing.
- The smell of freshly cut grass or damp earth after a rainstorm - how is it that these things have the power to grab our attention yet we rarely stop to feel the good they are doing us?
- The hug or kiss of a loved one - how often do we just "go through the motions" and not really feel the warm embrace of the people we love?
Food for thought on this beautiful Sunday morning...