Sunday, May 22, 2011

Life

It has a way of making me feel incredibly lucky, incredibly lonely, incredibly high, incredibly low, and sometimes, just plain incredulous.  Some days I feel so good to be alive that I almost can't stand it.  Other days I would like to just hide and forget the world.  However, it seems, life is like that.

It is in dealing with the highs and lows of my daily life that I find my biggest struggle.  Some days I can be there for the people I love and have all the energy and focus required to sit with them through their struggles.  Other days I can't even muster the energy to be there for myself.  But it's usually on days like that that life shines a ray of light at me to remind me that I'm not alone and that, when I least expect it, someone will be there for me.

I think we can never really fully know the impact we have on people.  I've come to this conclusion because I know that the people who are there for me have no idea how much good they do for me, just by being who they are.  Sometimes all it takes is a smile, a comment, a kind word, a hug, or just their presence and I am lifted out of whatever slump I find myself in.  I now realize the importance of surrounding myself with good people.  I think if everyone realized this, the world would be a much better - and happier - place.

No comments:

Post a Comment