Friday, May 27, 2011

Music

I don't know if everyone feels this way, but for me beautiful music has the power to turn my mood around completely.  Usually it's classical music but, depending on my mood, it could just as well be Rascal Flatts, Jonas, Sade, Uncle Kracker, Nickleback, or Shinedown.  Yes, my musical taste is very varied, and I think that is due to my oft-fluctuating mood.  Something that I've noticed, though, is that when I'm down I tend to need my music to be loud, regardless of the genre, almost as if I'm trying to purge the unwanted feelings with music.  I love it when my whole body reverberates to Shinedown's Simple Man, or how moved to tears I get when Pavarotti sings Caruso, what an awesomely pure voice that man had, what a gift to the world.

I am so grateful to have beautiful music in my life to help me get through the rough patches.  My wish is that everyone could feel what I feel when I listen to something as beautiful as this.

No comments:

Post a Comment