Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Trust

I am humbled, yet again, by the power of trust.  When you trust someone, you can literally put your life in their hands, put down your burdens and feel supported.  When you trust someone, you feel less alone.  When you trust someone, there is hope.

When someone trusts you, well, that is a feeling unlike any other.  That, for me, is truly humbling. To be trusted by someone very special is the best feeling in the world.

Trusting life is, however, essential.  Although it's probably one of the hardest things to do, because it means you're not trying to control everything but just trusting that what will happen will be ok, it can really change everything.  I have tried it and seriously, it is worth the effort, every last bit of it.  When you trust in the flow of life, things happen just as they're supposed to, almost as if by magic.  It's as if once you let go you allow everything to unfold but when you hold on you prevent life from moving ahead.  And I'm not just talking about holding onto the past.  When you try too hard to make things happen, they don't; but when you trust in life, that's when it all comes together.  I know it might be hard to believe if you feel like you've been let down, hurt or disappointed by life, but believe me, things are a lot easier when you put your faith in the process and flow of life.  I believe that if everyone would try it, just once, they would understand what I'm talking about.  It's so liberating and so comforting that really, it's addictive. 

If there's something I'm learning on this journey I'm on, it is to be more trusting... and that's a really good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment