Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A clean break

You know that little voice inside of you that keeps whispering something over and over until you finally pay attention?  Well, it's been whispering something to me more loudly these days and now it won't be ignored.

It's telling me that it's time I let go of some very unrealistic expectations I have, ones that inevitably lead to the same disappointments time after time.  So I need to make a clean break.  I must let go of that part of me that hopes against hope that maybe this time things will be different, that maybe I will finally matter.  It's time for a bit of reality and it can't but do me good.

Remember what I wrote the other day about people wanting me to remain the same?  Well, I think now it's time I be true to myself and my feelings.  Hopefully they will understand...

.

No comments:

Post a Comment