Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rain & the sound of my thoughts

Went for a long walk in the rain tonight.  Just needed to clear my head.  As I walked, I noticed that the raindrops hitting my umbrella seemed to echo the sound of my thoughts.  And there seemed to be as many thoughts in my head as raindrops falling from the sky.

Walking, watching my thoughts, I began to notice all kinds of feelings coming up, yet none that I could actually pinpoint.  It was as if one feeling flowed into another and they ran, like the rain down the street into the sewer, faster than I could identify them.  And so I continued, down one road and then another and another, trying to grab each feeling and hold onto it, until they finally slowed down and allowed me to catch up.

And once again, the raindrops hitting my umbrella seemed to echo the sound of my thoughts.

.

1 comment:

  1. I can actually see that and hear it with my minds eye. That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete