Monday, August 15, 2011

In our own time

I know I've said it here before - we all must go through things in our own time - and I will no doubt say it here many more times, not only because I think it bears repeating, but because I need to be reminded of it so very often.  This is one of the more difficult things I need to learn.

We all have our own lessons to learn and these we can only learn once we are ready; but how challenging it is to watch someone go through a difficult time and just let her be and trust that she will come out the other side having learned the lessons that were hers to learn. 

I guess the best we can do is stay close by, so she will feel we are there if needed, but stay far enough away that she will have the room she needs to learn and grow as a person. 

I am learning.  Slowly but surely - and in my own time - I am learning.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment