Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Out of sync

There are times when I feel out of sync, like I just don't fit, like I'm from another planet even.  Nothing grabs my attention and I just can't see the point of most mundane things.  It's like the fire in me gets extinguished for just a moment then, before I know it, the fire lights back up again and everything returns to normal.  But it's in that instant (that can sometimes last for days) that I feel totally out of step with the rest of the world. 

I suppose there's something to be learned from these times... there always is, isn't there?

Unfortunately, while it's happening, even learning from it doesn't interest me.  Ok, well maybe it's life trying to tell me to slow down, take a time out, stop being so intense all the time.  Well, whatever it is, I guess the only thing I can do is let it run its course and try to keep present that it truly is only for an instant.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment