Monday, August 22, 2011

Resisting change

Ever find yourself resisting change?  Trying to hang on to something you know no longer works?  Looking longingly at the past and imagining different scenarios that would take you back there and how perfect it would be?

Well I haven't... just kidding, of course I have!!  I resist change all the time.  More and more, though, I catch myself doing it and try to dig deeper to understand just why I'm so afraid of this particular change.  And you know what?  The answer usually surprises me.  

I used to say I don't like change, but the more I thought about it, the crazier that sounded.  Everything is in a constant state of change, including ourselves.  The day we stop changing is the day we will take our last breath.

So why fear change?  Why not embrace it?  Why not try to see in each change the opportunity presented to us to make it a positive change?  Oh sure, a lot of times we would not have chosen that particular change, but how often have you looked back on something you feared only to have it turn out to be one of the best things that had ever happened to you?  I'd venture to guess that this is the case more often than not.

So as of today, my new mantra... change is good.

.

1 comment:

  1. Change = Growth
    Growth = Opportunities
    And opportunities help make dreams come true.

    ReplyDelete