Saturday, August 13, 2011

So much goes unsaid

How much of what we actually think and feel ever gets said?  Very little, I think.

I admire those people who seem able to communicate how and what they're feeling to the people around them,  and seem to do it so effortlessly.

When I think of everything I'd like to say but don't (for a whole host of reasons), it amazes me to realize how much we actually just live on the surface, and don't live with our hearts.

So why do we refrain from telling people how we feel?  For fear of their reaction?  Of rejection?  I don't know.

All I know is that there are things I'd like to say but don't and I find that that somehow diminishes the relationship I have with certain people.  Yet there are times when I feel I just can't tell them what's in my heart because they just wouldn't be receptive.  And that I find very sad.

I just hope that those people who mean something to me know how special they are, how much they mean to me and how much I care about them, even if I am not able to come out and say it.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment